The rejuvenating and healing quality of saffron makes it a good stuff to be consumed by elderly people. It has anti-oxidant quality which can reduce the aging and proved good health.
Many researchers have concluded after their findings that saffron is very beneficial for elderly people equally for men and women. Following are few points which make saffron consumption a must for old age people.
1. Saffron an anti-oxidant: Saffron has many antioxidants which is very advantageous in contending free radicals hence helps in prevention of diseases and reduces the aging,thus promotes overall well-being of the body.
2. Saffron controls heart rate: Potassium presence in saffron helps in controlling heart beat by allowing slowing down thus protects the heart.
3. Saffron controls blood pressure: The Saffron (or zafraan spice) contains many minerals such as cooper, calcium, iron, potassium, manganese, magnesium, selenium and zinc. Some of these are helpful in controlling blood pressure as well as in the formation of haemoglobin.
4. Saffron for cancer prevention: Saffron contains bio-chemical compounds such as lycopene, zea-xanthin, α- and β- carotene; these acts like as immune modulator and protect the human body from cancer.
5. Saffron for detoxification: It has many therapeutic applications and in detoxification of the body. It is also used in body healing, cramps, spasms and spas.
6. Saffron good for digestion: Saffron is good for digestion due to presence of multiple medicinal compounds and an anti-convulsant. It stimulates digestion. Saffron is also beneficial when the liver and spleen get enlarged.
7. Saffron Improves Vision in Aging Humans: Recent studies have revealed that intake of saffron also improves the vision hence helps in reducing the number of glass.